All the fantastical things that happened
Guys, I have had an AWESOME week. You’re going to have to put up with this kid’s sugar high for just a moment! Some highlights:
What I’m about to do in about 5 minutes… via
– Caught up with a friend over a bottle of Hazendal 2000 Merlot. Lick your lips. It was that good.
– Went out to dinner with Abey Mokgwatsane, CEO of the VWV group, to Haiku. The food was amazing: Asian tapas. Really the most orgasmic meal I’ve had in ages – also because of the company. He got together a group of about 10 very inspiring (and intimidating) marketing executives from different companies. I felt like the kid who was allowed to stay up and have dinner with the grown-ups for the first time!
– Went to the Design Indaba afterparty at Trinity. Great venue! The DJ was also insane, wish I knew her name…
– Went to Fat Cactus, for the frozen Margharitas – I don’t need to tell you, you’ve had them; you know. We braved gale force winds for those bad boys!
– Saturday afternoon drinks at Rafikis. I hate that summer’s ending!
– Dinner at Buena Vista and a fun night out. It was messy, it was fun, and it has been erased from my memory. (Sadly.) One of those nights where we all woke up the next morning moaning “Why do we do this to ourselves?” while secretly wondering “When are we doing THAT again?!?!” (Also met The Golfer – I believe you may watch this space for future stories featuring this new character. I also believe these future stories will fall into a new category I shall label, for simplicity’s sake, “Humor”.)
– The Design Indaba expo! Always a highlight, plus I stocked up on gifts. Who will be the lucky gift recipients? I’m not telling. But I am open to bribing and other forms of persuasion… Just saying.
– A housewarming on a farm in Stellenbosch, picnicking under the trees.
And now, I’m so exhausted that I can barely keep my eyes open. I just needed to share all the yayness with my blogosphere before crashing into bed…
PS. I’ve just found something quite cool to share with you guys tomorrow! It’s a Monday-boredom-buster.