Things I love (and the Awkward!)
This wrapping paper
– My new job!
– My new house! (It’s a temporary abode only, but still.)
– The Monday half-price pizza special at Rafikis (which is now conveniently located pretty much on my doorstep). Best. Deal. EVER.
– Wembley Virgin Active – the consultants are like, best friends y’all. Jokes. But seriously; Candace, Cassie and Ayanda make those 20mins on the stepper that much easier!
– Making the most of the last days of summer! Went to the last Kirstenbosch Summer Concert (aKing – they rocked the socks off me) and had a dinner-in-the garden at the house my Rockstar friend is housesitting. It’s bee-yoo-tiful… Sigh.
– Looking forward to a holiday! Only 16 more days! Details will be disclosed in due course. Ahem.
– Learning Spanish. I never have time to practice so I pretty much suck, but it’s still fun.
– Getting the table with the swings at Bombay Bicycle.
– Being able to pop home for a cup of tea after work before going out for the evening. No more N1 traffic for me folks.
– Sunday morning breakfast and a walk on the promenade with my sister.
– Having ordered my perfume! I became addicted to Abercrombie‘s no. 8 during my stint in New York and so, for the past few years, I’ve been badgering anyone who goes there to get me another bottle. I should get it in June… Call it premature excitement.
Awkward moment of the week
Forgetting to pack my make-up bag to gym this morning, meaning having to walk around without mascara the entire day. My eye lashes are blonde and when I don’t wear mascara a a) look like I’ve been crying and b) you struggle to find my eyes on my face, they look so tiny and pale. This, of course, would be the moment for:
Colleague: Come on, we need you to come and do a cameo in a company video!
Me: … … Fuck Murphy and his law…